April 06, 2005

Is there anything more fun than an early spring baseball game? While I was in Florida, we caught the last spring training game for the Washington Nationals at Spacecoast Stadium. They were still trying to get rid of Expos gear in the gift shop for dirt cheap prices, and I would have helped them out with that, but I don't look good in red. So I got a cute new Nationals Spring Training hat. I admit, I'm a baseball idiot. Me: "We have a guy on third." Nicole: "No we don't." Me: "Who's that guy, then?" Nicole: "That's the third base coach." Who knew there were third base coaches? But even a baseball idiot has to admit, there's nothing like sitting in a sunny Florida stadium, just a few feet from third base, smelling the fresh cut grass, watching a guy change the numbers on the score board by hand, and eating a hot dog. Major league games are never like this back home. It could even get a girl to like baseball.





1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aack! Wear sunscreen, kid! ;-)

Love,

Sooz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home