April 09, 2005

It's very late Friday night, and I'm watching the Pope's funeral on Tivo. I recorded it on CNN, which I'm regretting now. The Mass is very moving, and I have to listen to intermittent inane commentary from Christiane Amanpour and some others whose names I didn't catch. Intrusion aside, I don't mind their explanations of the liturgy, especially since their expert on the air is Archbishop Gregory (from Atlanta, I think). There were a few stupid political comments I could have done without. I wish I would have written them down so I could complain properly. Lesson learned. Next time the Pope dies, I will watch it on CSPAN.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was up for the beginning of the ceremony, and did a network scan. Everyone had the same video feed. Everyone was giving context and commentary up until the start of the ceremony. C-SPAN was the most restrained, of course. But I didn't stay up much past when they brought the casket out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home