November 12, 2005

Fun with chrome and charcoal

Today's masterpiece. I recently started taking drawing class for the first time in, oh, ten years or so. I'm definitely rusty, but so far I'm doing better than expected. Constructive criticism is invited. Of the ones I've posted, which do you think is the best?

All drawings are charcoal on paper, and each one took about two hours. You can probably pick out where I was in the drawing when time ran out.

In the drawing below, I want to point out that I drew the flower using only my eraser, and I like how that turned out.

6 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm gonna say i like the pitcher and flower best. it's all really soft and sort of soothing to look at. well done on all of them though. it'll be fun when you get into colors..yay!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Lucie said...

Colors? I hadn't even thought that far ahead. Have I ever even done color drawing? Can't remember.

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree there's good composition there, loops. Could you help me teach that to my video partners? They're still at the "way too much headroom" stage . . .

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with djf, very good placement. The details and the highlights really make the foreground pop out. I love the different textures of the coffee pot, yarn and rose. The refraction in the vase is very thoughtful.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I find the work to be very sharp and I like the tone and feel they give - very impressive
-Cappy

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find something beautifully melencholy about this one. The flower and the pitcher together really send me that message - as colin said, soft soothing but slightly sad. Or maybe that is just me???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home