May 14, 2005

They don't make kevlar like they used to

...Or else, someone lied about my bike tires having a layer of kevlar. Here, see for yourself. Here's my bike. Click on the specifications button and scroll down to "tires." SEE?? I didn't make it up! They promised me Kevlar!

You will have already guessed, I got me a flat this evening during my bike ride. Whoops, I didn't have a spare tube with me. Now I know why my dad always carries several. Luckily, I was just 2 miles from home, so I walked it, while the metal nuts on my bike shoes crunched on the asphalt the whole way. Some people are such jerks, I tell you. Half a dozen bikers blew right by me without even asking if I was ok. One very nice man stopped to see what was wrong and offered me a tube. Since I had only a short walk, I thanked him and declined. Whoever you are, if you're reading this, you rock.

When I first noticed the tire making the dreaded wubwubwub sound, my first thought was, CRAP! someone dropped tacks on the trail! Or else I ran over glass and didn't notice! or maybe it was a titanium razor blade! Because, these tires arent' supposed to pop. Kevlar. see? So, I got off, and had a look to see what the evil culprit was. Want to see? here it is.



Yep. It's an itty bitty rock. It's the size of an apple seed. Apparently I have to start going around guys like these now, becauase my nonkevlar tires can't handle it. So, I will have to see if I still know how to change a tire. Liisa suggested that I try Slime Tire Liners, which promise to guarantee against punctures. I think I'll be doing that.

2 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAWN!!!

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fran?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home